Carondelet High School, founded and sponsored by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet, provides quality Catholic education in a caring environment. Carondelet educates, challenges, and enables young women to integrate gospel values, to intelligently apply these values to their lives, and to reflect these values through leadership and service to the greater community.
Carondelet High School, founded and sponsored by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet, will serve those seeking to become all of which woman is capable through a curriculum that integrates intellectual, moral, physical, psychological, social, and spiritual development.
Carondelet High School will model collaboration among students, faculty, parents, alumnae, Board, and the greater community.
Integrating a counter-cultural stance based on gospel values, the School will nurture an environment of risk-taking that enables each person to assume roles of leadership and service to the dear neighbor.
Graduates of Carondelet High School will know their responsibility to reflect the CSJ charism of unity and reconciliation in their personal and professional lives.
As a shared endeavor with the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet, the Carondelet High School community undertakes to enrich significantly the lives of young persons entrusted to them through education based on the following beliefs:
- We believe that education is a religious activity as stated in the Catholic tradition, and we seek to open students to a knowledge that they are children of God and bear responsibilities as members of the human community.
- We believe in the development within the school of a Christian community which enriches the lives of our students, promotes their spiritual growth, and fosters their concern for the global community.
- We believe in the pursuit of educational excellence, the encouragement of creativity, and the support of intellectual curiosity, inquiry, and integrity.
- We believe in the dignity of the individual, the value of diversity, and the need for reconciliation and mutual respect.
- We believe in an environment which nurtures personal well-being and healthy lifestyles.
- We believe that we are called to challenge our students to be good citizens, capable of leadership and responsive to the needs of others.