• NEW: Walnut Avenue Preschool’s May Festival is on Saturday, May 9th. Volunteers are needed to help set-up, help with the game booths, and clean-up. Please see Mrs. Lawrence for the details. Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated!
• NEW: Carondelet students and their families are invited to take part in the creek cleanup in downtown Walnut Creek on Saturday, May 9, from 8:45 a.m. – noon. Meet at Walnut Creek’s Civic Park at 8:45 a.m. for a free continental breakfast. An experienced crew leader will guide each group of volunteers to a specific section of the creek to pick up trash & debris. Wear old sneakers, sunscreen, and plan to get wet. All volunteers must have a waiver form signed by a parent or guardian. Download the form here or sign up at the event.
• NEW: Volunteer at the Furry Pet Faire and Maddie’s Pet Adoption Day on Saturday, May 30th from 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. at John Baldwin Park in Concord. This fun event is sponsored by the Concord Senior Center.
• NEW: Summer Opportunity – Aegis Living of Pleasant Hill needs volunteers to help with activities on Thursdays and Fridays from 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon in their Memory Care Section. They also need a BINGO caller and help with games on Thursdays from 1:30 – 3:45 p.m. and Saturdays from 2:30 – 4:30 p.m. in the Assisted Living Section. All volunteers will be trained and supported. There are other opportunities, too – flexible days and hours.
• NEW: SAVE THE DATE – The Concord Senior Center is sponsoring Through the Decades Tea and Fashion Show on Saturday, August 15, from 10:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. Servers are needed to help at this event.
• St. Agnes Elementary School desperately needs tutors. Please see Mrs. Lawrence in the Community Service Office for more details.
• Tutors needed for the Academic Excellence Program at the Community Youth Center in Concord Monday through Saturday at various times. Please pick up a Volunteer Application and Flyer.
• Tutoring children at the Concord Library on Mondays and/or Wednesdays from 4:00-6:00 p.m. Please pick up a Volunteer Application and Flyer.
• Tutoring foster children at Families First Homework Club every Tuesday and/or Thursday from 3:30 – 5:30 p.m.
• Crafts and tutoring at St. Peter Martyr’s Extended Care Program Monday through Friday from 3:30 – 4:30 p.m. (or longer). Pick the day that works best for you.
• Brushes and Beakers – Help children with art projects and science experiments on Mondays and Tuesdays after school at Bancroft Elementary School.
• Building Blocks Day Care – Open Monday through Friday until 6:00 p.m. Pick the day and time that fits your schedule.
• Monument Crisis Center – Bake cookies for their Senior Moments Program.
• Atria Montego Heights – Open every day. Visit with the residents, play games, etc. (Weekend opportunity.)
• Chateau on Broadway – Help residents with social media (e.g., Email and Facebook). Open every day. Pick the day and time that fits your schedule.
• Oak Park Convalescent Hospital – Open every day. Visit with the residents. (Weekend opportunity.)
• Sunrise Assisted Living – Open every day. Visit with the residents, play games, etc. (Weekend opportunity.)