Please come to the Community Service Office for more information or to sign-up for the following community service opportunities:
• Volunteers are needed at Aegis Living of Pleasant Hill to help facilitate programs such as Bingo caller, singing, ball toss, etc. You will be trained and supported, and they will work with your schedule. For more information, please contact Kayla Brown, Life Enrichment Director, at Kayla.Brown@aegisliving.com.
• Help sort food, clothing, and toys for the White Pony Express. They are a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping eliminate hunger and poverty in Contra Costa County by delivering the abundance all around us to those in need. For more information, please visit their website at www.whiteponyexpress.org.
• Roughing It Day Camp is currently looking for volunteers for their Junior Counselor Program. Teens entering the 11th and 12th grades are eligible to apply. This is a co-ed traditional day camp offering activities such as fishing, hiking, swimming, boating, horseback riding, sports, etc. For more information, please visit their website at http://www.roughingit.com/teens/junior-counselors.htm.
• Summer jobs at Roughing It Day Camp are available for graduating seniors. These paid positions include Grooms and Assistant Riding Counselors, both of whom work at their state-of-the-art horse facility and work hands-on with fellow staff, campers, and their horses. For more information, please email them at email@example.com.
• Building Blocks Day Care – Open Monday through Friday until 6:00 p.m. Pick the day and time that fits your schedule.
• Atria Montego Heights – Open every day. Help the residents with arts and crafts, play games, and visit with them. (Weekend opportunity.)
• Chateau on Broadway – Open every day. Help the residents with social media (e.g., Email and Facebook).
• Oak Park Convalescent Hospital – Open every day. Visit with the residents. (Weekend opportunity.)
• Sunrise Assisted Living – Open every day. Visit with the residents, play games, etc. (Weekend opportunity.)